Any student, staff or faculty member may submit a complaint to the Owner, Jennifer Mongan. Please give the complaint in written form with factual, accurate description of time, circumstance, names of people involved and occurrence. The Academy will respond to the complaint within7 days of notification of the situation. If the complaint cannot be resolved at this level by direct negotiation between the student and the Academy, the student may file with the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board, (DPOS) located at 1600 Broadway, Ste. 2200, Denver, CO 80202, Phone: (303) 862-3001. There is a two-year limitation on DPOS taking action on student complaints. DPOS shall not consider any claim filed more than two years after the date the student discontinues their training.
If a student complaint is not resolved through the steps mentioned above, a student may contact the COMTA office in a formal letter (including the complaint form that may be obtained from the student handbook or Student Coordinators office) that includes the following:
- the nature of the complaint(s)
- the date(s) of occurrence of the problem(s)
- the name(s) of the individual(s) involved in the problems(s) and/or other students involved.
- facts of the matter i.e. copies of information or documentation of the problem(s), not hearsay.
- evidence that the institution’s complaint procedure was followed prior to contacting COMTA. All complaints shall be signed and provide a return address and telephone number. COMTA will reply within 30 days of receiving the complaint.
Send all complaints to:
COMTA Executive Director, Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation
2101 WILSON BLVD, STE 302
ARLINGTON, VA 22201
(202) 888-6790 (COMTA)
Complaints may be filed online with the Division of Private Occupational Schools and there is a two-year limitation (from student’s last date of attendance) on the student filing a complaint. Divisions website is: highered.colorado.gov/dpos and phone number is (303) 862-3001