Upcoming incredible classes that start September 25th, 2017. : A&P 1, Kinesiology, Communications, Swedish Massage, Business Writing,... read more
Massage as a Career
Academy of Natural Therapy would like to share with you the excitement of this growing expanding career. Massage Therapy is a unique career in that it encompasses so many positive aspects of a caregiving profession.
Dorothy Mongan, founder of Academy of Natural Therapy says, “There is great satisfaction in improving the quality of health of others.” Massage Therapy is quickly becoming a standard modality in doctor’s offices, health clinics, spa’s, and hospitals.
Academy of Natural Therapy is proud to provide the quality education that you need to become successful in this field. Results of a 2010 survey compiled by the American Massage Therapy Association showed:
- 54% of Americans who had a massage in the past 5 years say they have had a massage to relieve pain.
- In the last 12 months, 15% of Americans got a massage to reduce or manage pain and 7% got a massage to relieve muscle soreness or stiffness.
- This year, 86% of Americans agree that massage can be beneficial for health and wellness, including pain relief.
- 40% of Americans are getting massages to relieve their stress.
- 65% of Americans who had a massage in the past 5 years say they have considered massage to manage stress; 37% of this group cites stress as their primary reason for having the massage.
- 62% of massage customers said they would recommend it to a friend.
- 21% of customers said they discussed massage therapy with a doctor or other health care provider.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
The benefits of massage are truly a miracle when compared to contemporary medicine. There is almost no human condition that cannot be helped or overcome by this caring practice. Touch is the first language spoken when a child is born. Security, guidance, and care can be transmitted through the hands. Hands may detect abnormalities of the body, flow of energy, troubled organs, the skeletal system, and trauma in the muscles. Trained hands will produce the kind of comfort and release from pain as only they can do. Circulation is improved, muscles are lengthened, range of motion is increased, and pain is relieved, all through massage.
Massage improves health on a cellular level by encouraging each cell in the body to take in nourishment, rid of waste, and become electrical for optimum health. Massage Therapy is reassuring, relaxing, and empowers well-being.
Your career as a Massage Therapist is an exciting change from wanting to help others to know how to help others. You will be able to watch a person stand or walk, point out their postural distortions, and correct their condition by stretching and manipulating the muscles. You will learn that stress causes many of the illnesses of people.
Your knowledge of both the mental and physical needs of your client, will help ones under stress to become calm and at ease with their life so that they may heal. Your hands are your tools, and to learn how to take care of yourself, both physically and nutritionally, here at the Academy of Natural Therapy, is an important part of becoming a Massage Therapist. Your education here will last a lifetime.
~by Dorothy Mongan, Founder
- Good pay
- Flexible schedule
- Relaxing, peaceful work environment
- Occupation that helps people
- Being a trusted and respected caregiver
- Excellent growth in the massage field leading to expanding opportunities in the future